What Can a Citizen Do?
“[This] charming book provides examples and sends the message that citizens aren’t born but are made by actions taken to help others and the world they live in.” —The Washington Post
This is a book about what citizenship—good citizenship—means to you, and to us all: Across the course of several seemingly unrelated but ultimately connected actions by different children, we watch how kids turn a lonely island into a community—and watch a journey from what the world should be to what the world could be.
- What Can a Citizen Do? is the latest collaboration from the acclaimed behind the bestselling Her Right Foot: Dave Eggers and Shawn Harris.
- For today’s youngest readers about what it means to be a citizen and the positive role they can play in society.
- Includes beautiful illustrations and intriguing, rhyming text.
“Obligatory reading for future informed citizens.” —The New York Times
What Can a Citizen Do is an empowering and timeless read with an important message for all ages.
- Great family read-aloud book
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Picture books for grades K-3
Out of stock