How to Make a Mountain: In Just 9 Simple Steps and Only 100 Million Years!
Geology and earth science made easy (to learn) and super quick (to read about). You, too, can make a mountain–just grab this nonfiction picture book and start today!
DO IT YOURSELF!
From shaping peaks and crafting a glacier to nurturing your own plants and animals, these nine simple steps cover everything you need to know to make your very own mountain. In this book, you’ll learn how to
– Crush a piece of continent into a mountain range;
– Freeze and melt glaciers;
– Carve ravines, valleys, rivers, and mountain lakes;
– Foster plants and develop a fertile layer of soil; and
– Fill your mountain with a wide variety of animals that will work together to keep your mountain ecosystems healthy
YES–YOU, TOO, CAN MAKE A MOUNTAIN!
It is a big job, but it’s also a thrilling adventure! Pack your snacks, load up your gear, and get ready for the challenge of a lifetime!
*Tectonic plates, tools, and wildlife not included. Some restrictions apply. The authors assume no responsibility for frostbite, landslides, or accidental volcanoes.
SCIENCE WITH A PLAYFUL, DIY TWIST: This fun and funny nonfiction picture book humorously encourages readers to get busy making their own mountain ranges. By the end, they will have learned the many steps that ultimately turn a rock into a peak, a slope into a gorge, snow into a glacier, and much more!
GREAT FOR BUDDING ENVIRONTMENTALISTS: Once readers have built their mountains, their jobs aren’t over–because the environment needs caretakers and stewards, of course! With rich back matter and lush illustrations accompanying an engaging text, this picture book is perfect for instilling a love of the natural world in budding scientists, environmental activists, and nature enthusiasts.
STRONG CURRICULUM CONNECTIONS: Earth science is a staple classroom subject in all elementary school grades. With a depth of research and an engaging, highly visual narrative, this book is an excellent resource for librarians and primary school educators.
– Teachers and librarians
– Parents, grandparents, and caregivers
– Anyone who loves or collects rocks
– Lovers of fun, unique approaches to nonfiction and STEM topics
– Gift-givers looking for a one-of-a-kind gift that’s both funny and educational
Availability: In stock